[Facebook Group] [Social Media Posts To Use]
What’s This All About?
Join our community as we are raising funds for Transfiguring Adoption (TA) to keep their Media Review Service FREE for foster and adoptive families – we also want to challenge ourselves to keep our healthy New Year’s resolutions in 2022. TA is a nonprofit that helps foster and adoptive kids by showing caregivers how to use popular media and everyday play to help kids deal with past trauma.
Where’s the Money Going?
Our community wants to fully fund Transfiguring Adoption’s Media Review Project for an ENTIRE year.
Did you know that 100% of foster and adoptive children have experienced trauma? Did you know that 50% of newly licensed foster parents in the U.S. will quit their first year because they do NOT feel equipped to handle trauma-caused behaviors?
This project provides families with review and discussion guide packets for current movies, books, and video games. These tools not only empower parents to have healthy conversations to help process past trauma in children, but also guard children against harmful content that could trigger them to relive past trauma in their minds.
Thanks to last year’s challenge we were able to raise enough money that for 2022 our media reviews are completely FREE of charge for parents, educators and caregivers to utilize! We’re hoping to raise enough money that we can continue to provide this important service to the community at no cost.
How It Works:
February 1-14, 2022:
- Register as a [Team Leader]
- Leader Registration Donation – $25
- Teams can have up to 15 members
February 15-28, 2022:
- Register as a [Team Member]
- Member Registration Donation – $10
- Join the special event [Facebook Group Page]
- Follow Transfiguring Adoption [Facebook] [Instagram] [TikTok]
- Tell social media you joined the challenge
- #PushupFosterKids2022 #PushupAdoption2022
- Personally invite 5 friends to join the challenge
March 3 – 17, 2022:
- Earn Points, Raise Awareness, Raise Funds
- Complete daily push-ups and bonus challenges to earn points for your team
- Encourage friends, family, and businesses to make a donation
- Talk about the event on social media
- Be sure to keep an eye on the [Facebook Group Page] for updates and to interact with fellow participants!
March 25, 2022
- Winning team leader awarded a trophy inscribed with the team name!
**Transfiguring Adoption is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Individuals and participating in this event are doing so of their own will. Transfiguring Adoption, its staff and volunteers advise participants to check with their doctor before taking part in this event. Those participating in this event take ownership of their own physical, mental and emotional health and agree that Transfiguring Adoption, its staff, and volunteers are not to be held for any physical or emotional damages/injuries that could occur. This event is open to anyone in the public who agree to follow the event rules and regulations. Transfiguring Adoption does not discriminate based on gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and so on. Transfiguring Adoption will not allow hate speech or bullying to occur during this event and the organization, its staff, and volunteers have the right to withdraw a team or individual from the event for any reason deemed fit by the organization and it’s executive team.