Most foster parents are NOT prepared to handle specialized behaviors brought on by trauma, sexual abuse, PTSD, malnutrition and other issues that are present in nearly all foster or adoptive children. Consequently, children frequently suffer another traumatic move to a new another home due to overwhelmed caregivers.
- 50% of U.S. foster parents will quit the first year due to feeling ill-equipped
- 100% of foster and adoptive children have been through trauma
Part of the Solution:
Transfiguring Adoption helps create ways for parents to engage with kids in their care and start conversations about difficult situations through media. Books, movies, songs, and other media are a great way for people to relate to one another and understand each other’s feelings.
Some Of Our Online Tools:
- Easy to Search [Book List] with Books for Both Kids and Grownups
- Children’s Book [Discussion Guides] (with book reviews)
- Weekly [Monday Caregiver Check-In]
- [Kids’ Discussion Guide using the Harry Potter Series]
- [Playful Engagement Tool] to Help Parents Bond with Kids
- [Advice from a Foster/Adoptive Mom]
- Insight from an [Adult Adoptee]
Thank You To Our Valuable Sponsors: