Transfiguring Adoption nurtures foster & adoptive kids by giving a HOOT about their caregivers.
Most foster parents are NOT prepared to handle specialized behaviors brought on by trauma, sexual abuse, PTSD, malnutrition and other issues that are present in nearly all foster or adoptive children. Consequently, children frequently suffer another traumatic move to a new another home due to overwhelmed caregivers.
- 50% of U.S. foster parents will quit the first year due to feeling ill-equipped
- 100% of foster and adoptive children are been through trauma
Part of the Solution:
Transfiguring Adoption helps create ways for parents to engage with kids in their care and start conversations about difficult situations through media. Books, movies, songs, and other media are a great way for people to relate to one another and understand each other’s feelings.
Some Of Our Online Tools:
- Easy to Search [Book List] with Books for Both Kids and Grownups
- Children’s Book [Discussion Guides] (with book reviews)
- Monthly [Live Online Discussion Panels]
- [Kids’ Discussion Guide using the Harry Potter Series]
- [Playful Engagement Tool] to Help Parents Bond with Kids
- [Advice from a Foster/Adoptive Mom]
- Insight from an [Adult Adoptee]
How Did We Start:
Transfiguring Adoption began as a discussion blog for foster and adoptive kids that was created by foster turned adopted kids. The blog created a discussion tool for families based off of the chapters of the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. However, the blog has quickly transformed itself into a media resource center for foster and adoptive families to find MANY different ways to start conversations at home.
Thank You To Our Valuable Sponsors: