It’s Your Turn:
Reflective Discussion Questions
Chapter 1: So You Want to be a Foster Carer?
- What are your motivations?
- What skills and qualities do you possess?
- Are you resilient?
Chapter 2: Becoming a Foster Carer
- Whom do you want to foster for?
- What types of supports are you looking for in an agency?
- What types of children are you looking for?
- How do you feel about the in depth process of becoming certified as a foster carer?
About the Reviewer:
Felecia Neil is a foster care alumni who has 12 years of experience working within residential settings and has served as a foster parent for over 5 years. She is currently a much needed asset to the Transfiguring Adoption team where she reviews books and helps to assure the organization considers the perspective of foster youth.
**Transfiguring Adoption is a nonprofit organization seeking to nurture growth in foster and adoptive families by giving a HOOT about their families. Transfiguring Adoption does not intend for its reviewers nor its review to be professional, medical or legal advice. These reviews and discussion guides are intended to help parents to better be able to connect and understand their children who come from traumatic backgrounds.