Positive Family Memories NOT Traumatic Memories
October 7 – 12, 2018
Pricing and Details*:
*Trip is based on a special group rate pricing and is dependent on the attendance of 8 families and at least 15 youth. Full refunds will be issued in the event that the trip is canceled due to lack of interest.
- 4 Days & 5 Nights
- October 7 will be a travel/arrival day. Families will check-in to the hotel and with our staff.
- October 8, 9, & 11 will be group days in the parks and led by the Transfiguring Adoption staff
- October 10 will tentatively be a FREE DAY
- October 12 will be a travel/departure day.
- 8 Families Per Trip In order to provide the best service but still provide good group pricing Transfiguring Adoption will have to limit the number of families on this trip to 8 families
- Custom Itinerary Created to meet the wishes and special needs of the group. Note: One day during the itinerary will be scheduled as a "free day" to allow families the chance to enjoy the parks away from the group.
- Transfiguring Adoption Staff Our staff include professionals in the industry that are knowledgable about the special needs of foster and adoptive families. Our attending staff will be knowledgable about the park and versed in the use of our various tips, tricks and tools for navigating the parks when attending with children from traumatic pasts. The last thing you should know about our staff is that each person attending is a trusted volunteer with Transfiguring Adoption who does not receive compensation for the trip BUT are VERY passionate about making this vacation a positive experience for your family.
- Park Kits and T-shirts Transfiguring Adoption has handpicked tools and resources that have proven to be of help to families when visiting amusement parks. Each family will receive a drawstring bag full of items to use during the trip. The group will also get a T-shirt to wear on the initial day of the trip to help keep everyone together as the group becomes acquainted with one another.
- All children attending this trip with your family must be 42" or taller - this will allow your child(ren) to ride the majority of the rides with the entire group with the exception of larger roller coasters
- Due to the height requirement this will not be a trip suited for families needing to utilize the smaller child areas of the park.
- $400 Deposit - Due at signing Includes family traveler's insurance imperative for covering not only in an emergency during the trip but covers your family in the event that you must cancel the trip.
- Complete Payment - Due 60 days before the trip
- Parking at the Cabana Bay Resort is NOT included in this pricing. Cabana Bay Resort charges $12/night for parking and the amount is paid to the hotel.
- UNIVERSAL FULL DINING PLAN Includes lunch, dinner, snack, and one non-alcoholic drink during the four days at Universal Studios - families are on their own for food during arrival and departure days. Breakfast is NOT included. There is an on-site quick service restaurant and each room is equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave. [See Details On Full Dining Plan]
(The property does have two bedroom suites which sleep up to 8 people - we can request one of these rooms for your family if needed. There may be an extra fee and will dependent on availability.)
For help with flight arrangements feel free to contact:
THUNDERBIRD TRAVEL 601 Walnut Street, Ste 200 Murphysboro IL 62966
- Judgement Free
The families and staff on these vacations understand what it is like for a family to live with and vacation with trauma-caused behaviors and other special needs.
- Setting You Up For Success
Your family will glean helpful tools and tips not only from our staff members on how to vacation successfully in the future but commonly other parents will be able to help you as well.
- Financially Conscious:
Transfiguring Adoption is working closely with our friends at Thunderbird Travel to assure that we are able to get the best pricing on packages that will at the same time offer foster/adoptive families the necessary means for a successful trip.
- FUN FUN FUN
The staff at Transfiguring Adoption love fun and amusement parks. While we hope we help to set you up for success in the future, we foremost want your family to create fun memories on this trip with us.
This trip is designed to help your family to create memories together and is not designed to be a parent get-away. While our staff will do everything in their power to help your family to have a successful trip, you (the caregiver) are ultimately responsible for the health, safety, actions, and well-being of your child(ren).
- Whole Park Experience
The primary goal of this trip is to make sure you create positive and lasting memories with your family. For many families it would be difficult to take in all that both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure has to offer in four days. This trip is designed to help you see as much of the parks as possible, take into account your family's special needs, and NOT sacrifice the main goal of creating memories.
- Reserve Your Spot
Our partnering travel agency is happy to help you execute your down payment to reserve your family’s spot for this trip. Thunderbird Travel will also assist you with various logistics such as getting enough dining plans, setting up accessibility for those with physical limitations, and so forth.
601 Walnut Street, Ste 200
Murphysboro IL 62966
- Submit A Vacation Assessment Form
This detailed form will help us to get to know your family, your family’s needs, and wishes.
- Rules & Responsibilities Form
After completing the first two steps, families will be E-mailed and asked to fill out and sign a Rules and Responsibilities form. These forms should be E-mailed back to Transfiguring Adoption within 14 days of receipt to completely reserve your family’s spot on the trip.
Lodging, ticketing, finance related, or cancellations:
Thunderbird Travel: email@example.com
Itinerary, day-to-day logistics, and so on:
Transfiguring Adoption: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Transfiguring Adoption is the nonprofit program of the 501(c)3 Community Life Concepts. By participating in this experience participants understand that caregivers are responsible for the actions, health, and well-being of the children legally entrusted to them while on the trip. Transfiguring Adoption is unable and may not perform childcare for caregivers as well as assist caregivers in healthcare duties such as administering medication. It is the sole responsibility for caregivers to watch their children during this experience. Transfiguring Adoption staff may not supervise children including escorting children without a legal guardian into stores, restrooms, onto rides, to the lodging building or rooms.**