…CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR FOSTER FAMILIES TO LAUGH & BOND
FUN and BONDING are two powerful weapons against…
- Trauma Caused Behaviors – 100% of Foster Kids have been exposed to trauma
- PTSD – Foster Kids are 2 TIMES MORE LIKELY to suffer from PTSD than military vets who have seen active combat
- Sexualized Behaviors – As high as 75% of U.S. Foster Kids have been exposed to sexual abuse
How Do Board Games Help?
- Promote Bonding
During FUN people tend to let their guards down and more easily connect with others.
- Encourage Trust
A natural result of bonding is allowing yourself to trust another person. This is hard for most kids in foster care and a HUGE win when trust is won by a caregiver.
- Allow Kids to be Kids
Too many foster kids have had to be the adult and care for themselves. Oddly enough many kids have to be taught how to be kids and just have fun.
How YOU Can Help?
- Grab a NEW board game or card game
- Drop them off at:
US Quidditch Cup
April 8 – 9
At the Transfiguring Adoption Tent
(Austin-Tindall Regional Park)
4100 Boggy Creek Road
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Marble City Comic Con
April 8 – 9
(Knoxville Expo Center)
5441 Clinton Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37912Send them to the Transfiguring Adoption Office:
c/o Community Life Concepts
1015 Cedar Lane
Knoxville, TN 37912
- Donations will be accepted through April 9, 2017
Financial Donations – Convenience and Ease:
WHO BENEFITS FROM THIS DRIVE?