From the Cover of The Best Family in the World by Susana López:
Carlota is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her new family. What will they be like? She imagines all kinds of wonderful families…astronauts, pastry chefs, even pirates! How nice to find out that they are all that and more…the best family in the world.
Transfiguring Adoption gave this book 4 out of 5 Hoots based on it’s usefulness to foster and adoptive families. [Learn more about our Hoot grading system here.]
What Our Family Thought:
This is a great book for adopted kids. Our family enjoyed the pictures and the storyline, especially because each of Carlota’s four imaginative families is a family one of our four children would love. We enjoyed talking about the families they would have liked to have lived in. We felt this book showed children that it was okay to dream about their future family, and that even though the family isn’t exactly as they imagine, they are still amazing.
Buy It From Our Links to Support Transfiguring Adoption:
- What do you think would be the best family?
- Which of Carlota’s imaginative families would you like to live with and why?
- Which of Carlota’s imaginative families would you NOT like to live with and why?
- What did Carlota like about her adoptive family?
- How were they similar to all her imaginative families?
- What do you like about your family?