From the Cover:
Clumsy has a present for his friend, Smurfette—a cup of smurfberry juice. But Clumsy, being clumsy, accidentally spills the drink on Smurfette’s shoes! What will Clumsy do to make it up to her? Use the attached plush arms to help Clumsy and interact with the pages of this huggable book!
Transfiguring Adoption awarded this book 3 Hoots out of 5 based on how useful it will be for a foster/adoptive family. [Learn more about our Hoot grading system here]
What Our Family Thought:
Dalton (and the whole Fink family for that matter) is a big fan of the Smurfs, so when Mom and Dad saw this book, they picked it up for a good bedtime story. It has lessons about forgiveness and about loving people for who they are. Dalton says you can learn that just because someone spills something accidentally, that doesn’t mean you have to get frustrated at them. Dalton enjoyed using the attached plush Clumsy arms to help Clumsy throughout the story.
- Can you think of a time when someone hurt you or something that was yours?
- Why do you think it’s important to say you’re sorry when you make a mistake, even if it’s an accident?
- Do you ever have a hard time forgiving someone?
- Why is it sometimes hard to forgive?
- Why do you think it’s important to forgive someone who hurt you?
- Is it different if they hurt you on purpose or on accident?